41 Grados...






















Images from Ferran Adria's 41 Grados in Barcelona...at least I can say I have eaten at an Adria restaurant now! The highlight of the meal? Most definitely the last dessert, some sort of almond cakes with a warm oozing centre, served with raspberry sorbet. I also liked the take on pan con tomate; the CRUNCH delivered when you took a bit was off the Richter! I can't say it was the best meal I've had, or even in the top five, which I am slightly disappointed about, given all the hype. However I did love the interiors, the presentation of the menus (which were available to buy at €18!!) and the quirky exterior which was designed to look like a ticket booth (in homage to the adjacent venue, cocktail bar Tickets). I have just seen that the owners are now looking for a larger venue, given the demand for tables in what was admittedly a smallish space. I look forward to seeing what new surprises this will throw up...

It's usually a bad sign when the presentation of the bill is a highlight of the meal, but check this out:

 

Cool!


Butter All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger